Supervisors Center/Facility Supervisor
A Center or Facility Supervisor is under the direct supervision of the Sports Supervisor or Recreation Program Coordinator and is responsible for the operation and supervision of the Great Bend Recreation Commission sports, leisure, drop-in activities or special activities.
Sports Supervisor or Recreation Program Coordinator
Must be 18. Needs to possess a basic knowledge of fundamental recreational activities. Mature individual with strong work habits, responsible for supervising and facilitating a positive learning environment for a variety of recreation programs. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise a recreational program to include sports, arts and crafts, dramatics, concerts, enrichment classes, and special activities.
- Keep accurate daily attendance records and report it on the proper form to the GBRC office.
- Monitor whereabouts of assigned children and ensure safety of children at all times.
- Deal with behavior issues in an appropriate manner.
- Visit with parents of children in programs to ensure good communication
- between other GBRC officials, scorers, staff.
- Ensure that the facilities and equipment are properly utilized.
- In case of inclement follow inclement weather procedures, communicate
- appropriately to patrons.
- Wears appropriate staff attire at all times.
- Responsible for locking and unlocking facilities, turning lights on and off, check
- restrooms for issues, setting up program site as required and securing equipment
- at the conclusion of the program.
- Monitor and supervise other seasonal staff as assigned.
- Willing to work nights, evenings and weekends. Be enthusiastic in the program;
- smile; providing positive reinforcement for the participant and parent.
- Work all dates and carry out all duties assigned by the Sport Supervisor. If
- unable to show up for the activity on time or at all for any reason, call ahead as
- soon as possible so arrangements can be made for substitute staff.
- Turn in time sheets and appropriate forms timely.
- Personal cell phone usage is not an essential job function unless directed by immediate supervisors or emergency situation.
- Wear appropriate “Rec” attire.
- Additional Functions:
- Be responsible for all supplies and equipment utilized during program.
- Works all dates pertaining to conducting the recreation programs.
- Attend all program training.
- Carry out all other duties assigned by the Sports Supervisor or Recreation
- Program Coordinator relating to the program.
Essential Job Requirements:
Some expertise in area of instruction. High School diploma preferred.
Experience working with children or providing recreational programs is preferred.
Valid Kansas Drivers Licensee.
Functions may be performed in an environment that may cause exposure to sun. Need to have the ability to see and hear, sit , stoop, bend and move about. Must posses an audible voice for communication and ability to lift light equipment.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.