Enrichment-Camps-Arts & Crafts Adult Outdoor/Nature Instructor
Responsible for instructing/supervising/coordinating outdoor education/recreation staff in organizing and instructing designated GBRC outdoor and nature programs. Instruction may include leisure arts instruction. Classes may include Nature Camps, Aquatic Camps, Bug Walks, Fishing Days, and Zoo trips. Programs may include bus travel.
Responsible person with a genuine interest in the promotion of an arts program. Must enjoy working and directing people. Must be at least 16 years of age. Ability to manage time effectively, takes initiative, communicates and be organized. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Essential Job Functions:
Listing most important first
- Maintain program folders with proper documentation of classes.
- Conduct proper preparation prior to class to be sure projects can be finished properly. 3. Ensure proper supplies are ready prior to the beginning of a class.
- Arrive to class at least 30 minutes early for set up.
- Work with volunteers and aides in larger classes.
- Ensure class area is clean after class is complete.
- Help to advertise class or others by word of mouth to friends, neighbors, church groups, scouts and help to distribute fliers to your classes when available.
- Be enthusiastic in the program; providing positive reinforcement for the participant and parent.
- Communicate with Program Coordinator on any concerns or needs that occur.
- If unable to show up for your class on time or at all for any reason, call ahead as soon as possible so arrangements can be made for someone to begin your class, substitute your class or cancellation arrangements made.
- Provide an educational environment.
- Ensure youth are picked up after class have appropriate transportation.
- Wear appropriate “Rec” attire.
- Be enthusiastic in the program; smile; providing positive reinforcement for the participant and parent.
- Work all dates and carry out all duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Personal cell phone usage is not an essential job function unless directed by immediate supervisor or emergency situation.
Essential Job Requirements:
Some expertise in area of instruction. High School diploma preferred.
Previous instruction experience desirable.
Need to have the ability to see and hear, sit stand, stoop, bend and move about. Must posses an audible voice for communication and ability to lift up light equipment.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.